Re: problem with lebalbar

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:52:28 -0700

By default, NCL looks at each plot individually and determines
"nice" contour levels. To enforce constant contour intervals,
the user must specify via:

  res_at_cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels" ; set manual contour levels
  res_at_cnMinLevelValF = -10. ; set min contour level
  res_at_cnMaxLevelValF = 35. ; set max contour level
  res_at_cnLevelSpacingF = 5. ; set contour spacing

There are numerous examples. Arbitrarily selected:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/cylineq.shtml
Example 2

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml
Example 3

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/contourLev.shtml

Good luck

Gabrielle Ferreira Pires wrote:

> Hello!!
> I have different maps about the same variable. The problem is that a
> specific color doesn't correspond to the same value of the variable in
> all the maps. For example, the value 2.2 in one map correspond to
> orange and in another it corresponds to red. I want the value 2.2 to
> always correspond to orange.
> I would like to know if you could help me.
> I am sending the script, in case it's useful.
> Thanks!

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |