Re: CnFillScaleF

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:25:19 -0700 (MST)

Hi Yi,

The smaller the number (the closer to 0.0), then the more dense the
fill pattern becomes. See the attached script, which loops through
fill scales of 0.1, 0.2, ..., 0.9, and you'll see how it gets less
dense as the scale gets closer to 1.0. I imagine that a value of 0.2
would be twice as dense as 0.4, and so on.

Part of this may depend on your screen and/or printer resolution
as well (maybe Dave B can jump in here), so you'll have to pick the
value that looks best for whatever output device you want.

For the fill pattern of "17", which is the stipple pattern, you
have an additional resource called "cnFillDotSizeF" that
is pretty much self-explanatory. See:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnFillDotSizeF

--Mary