random point interpolation to 2D lat/lon grid

From: Beth Hall <bhall_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:48:18 -0500

I have a random point data set that I would like to interpolated to a
32-km grid as defined by the NARR data set. Though I see functions
such as 'natgrid', they all seem to work only if I have 1D lat and lon
grid coordinates. However, the NARR is a 2D lat/lon grid.

I also found 'triple2grid2d', however this does not interpolate the
random point data -- it just assigns each point to the neared grid
location?

I suppose I could also develop a 1D lat/lon grid that is close to the
the NARR's grid, then somehow regrid the 1D lat/lon grid to the more
desired 2D lat/lon grid of NARR, but I'm worried that would
deteriorate the interpolation intention.

Any thoughts on how I can interpolate my point data to the 2D lat/lon
grid of NARR?

Thanks!
Beth Hall