Re: labelbar position and title of a plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 14:22:13 -0700 (MST)

Hi Arindam,

The reason why the title is shifting up whenever you move the labelbar up
is that the title is trying to stay outside the "zone" of the labelbar.
There's something called the PlotManager in NCL that places all
the various graphical objects (titles, labelbars, tickmarks, and the plot
itself) in different "zones" and then tries to manage these zones so
that the various objects don't run into other. For example, the plot
itself is zone 0 (or 1, I can't remember which). The tickmarks want to
be right outside the plot area, so they are in zone 1. The labelbar
is then outside that zone (zone 2) and so on.

The easy answer then, is to hard-code which zone to put the title
in. You can do this with the "pmTitleZone" resource. Try setting
it to 2 in your case. I think the default is 3 or maybe even 4.

--Mary