file error from write_matrix

From: Bryan K Woods <bryan.woods_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 12:14:54 -0500

Hi everyone,

I am trying to write a 2D matrix to an ASCII file but am encountering
some sort of file related error. When I print the matrix to the screen,
it seems to work as expected. However, I get an error when I try to
print to file.

Here is a snippet of my code:

  print("Compiling summary...")

  ;put data into object to be written to ASCII file
  data = transpose((/ fltnum, st, et, et-st, av_palt, av_p, av_ws,
av_wd, av_trk, av_wi, av_xo3, av_galt, \
          av_T, av_rho, mx_wi, mn_wi, mx_theta, mn_theta, mx_palt,
mn_palt, MFx, MFy, \
          EF, av_Bern, Kh, Kz, O3flux, mx_pdEta, mn_pdEta, PE, KEhp,
av_uA, av_vA /))
  datadim = dimsizes(data)
  print("Saving data info summary...")
  printVarSummary(data)

  fmtx = datadim(0)+"f12.4"
  opt = True
  opt_at_title = "fltnum, st, et, et-st, av_palt, av_p, av_ws, av_wd,
av_trk, av_wi, av_xo3, av_galt, av_T, av_rho, mx_wi, mn_wi, mx_theta,
mn_theta, mx_palt, mn_palt, MFx, MFy, EF, av_Bern, Kh, Kz, O3flux,
mx_pdEta, mn_pdEta, PE, KEhp, av_uA, av_vA"
  opt_at_fout = dirt+"summary.table"
  write_matrix (data, fmtx,opt)
  delete(data)
  print("done matrix write")

And this is the error I get back:

(0) Compiling summary...
(0) Saving data info summary...

Variable: data
Type: double
Total Size: 83952 bytes
            10494 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [dim1 | 318] x [dim0 | 33]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue : -999
open: No such file or directory
apparent state: unit 31 named ~/trex/charts/gv_stats/summary.table
lately writing direct unformatted external IO
Abort

Does this indicate that it has a problem because the file does not
already exist? I tried a system call to touch the file first and later
tried one to likewise delete it, but neither seem to help. Thanks for
your help!

Bryan

--
Bryan Woods