Re: Making the overlying filled area visible?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:04:31 -0700 (MST)

Happy New Year Ho-Jeong,

I'm afraid what you want to do isn't possible in NCL. What you need is
for one color to be opaque so you can see through it to another color,
and NCL doesn't have this capability.

We are in the middle of research now to see if our display model can
be overhauled to allow things like color transparency, anti-aliasing,
and larger color maps.

One thing you might do is fill one set of contours with color, and
then the contours that you overlay can be filled in with shading.
I've attached an example called "coneff.ncl".

I know other users have found other clever solutions that they might
be willing to share here (hint hint).

--Mary