Re: NCL southern hemisphere bug

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:41:56 -0700 (MST)

Hi Zach,

I ran your script, and the lat/lon arrays that define the area for
your data are going from:

      Lat: -55.6723 to -42.0324
      Lon: 115.609 to 136.581

This is exactly where NCL is placing your plot, so this looks correct
to me.

The plotting area in the GEMPAK map is more around:

      Lat: -45 to -32
      Lon: 135 to 153

Perhaps the lat/lon locations that you are giving to GEMPAK
are different that what you are using in the NCL script?

To see where the lat2d/lon2d locations are, I added this
after your call to gsn_csm_contour_map:

   draw(plot)
   gsn_polymarker(wks,plot,ndtooned(lon2d),ndtooned(lat2d),False)
   frame(wks)

--Mary