Re: Reading Binary files with mixed-dimensions

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:27:02 -0700

Dave,

Can you be more specific as to the type of binary file? Fortran
"unformatted sequential access"; plain binary such as written by
Fortran direct access; or something else? I just want to be sure
I'm on the right wavelength before responding.

Also, assuming one of the first two: So the record length varies
within each file? Does each file have its own unique layout, or is
each variable found in exactly the same position in every file?

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/