Re: labels for minor tickmarks

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:53:01 -0700 (MST)

Hi Saji,

Please see examples 10 and 11 at:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tickmarks.shtml

for a sample of how to label both major and minor tickmarks. These
two examples are identical, but they use different methods.

Example 10 accomplishes this by creating and drawing the same
plot twice, only the second time some tickmarks resources
are set in order to label those minor tickmarks.

Example 11 uses a previously unadvertised function, gsn_blank_plot.
The minor tickmarks are recreated on the blank plot as major tickmarks,
and then this blank plot is overlaid on the original plot and the
whole thing drawn.

The second method can be faster if your initial plot is time-consuming
to create.

--Mary