Re: Panels with WRF plots?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 22:26:50 -0700 (MST)

Hi folks,

panel WRF plots, I've created a temporary web page to illustrate the
issue with trying to panel plots that are created with wrf_map_overlay
(similar problems exist for wrf_overlay).

I modified wrf_map_overlay to address this issue by adding a special
"PanelPlot" resource3, and I'd like your feedback on whether this is
how you'd like to see it done.

Please see:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrf/

for a description, and then for some plots that I created and tried to
panel with the changes I made.

You will need at least V4.3.1 of NCL to run the scripts on these pages.

My thought on all this is it might be worth creating a
"wrf_panel_overlay" type of function, that does some of the work of
turning off WRF titles, labelbars, etc, in prepration for a panel
plot. You may not want these titles turned off, so let me know if you
need them.

I look forward to your comments. It's okay to post them back to this
list, but if we start really getting into it, it might be better to
take it offline. :-)

--Mary