Re: boxplot function: maximize plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:59:03 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jimmy/James,

The "boxplot" function is a special one that doesn't use gsn_xxxx
calls internally to do the drawing, so gsnMaximize isn't recognized.
I'll see if we can remedy this in the future.

However, right now, you can try using "maximize_output".

For example, look at the first boxplot example at:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/box.shtml

If you click on the "box_1.ncl" script, you will see the following code:

   plot = boxplot(wks,x,yval,False,res,False)
   draw(wks) ; boxplot does not call these
   frame(wks) ; for you

To maximize this plot, replace the "draw" and "frame" calls
with "maximize_output":

   plot = boxplot(wks,x,yval,False,res,False)
   maximize_output(wks,True) ; Will draw plot and advance frame.

--Mary