Re: idt problem

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:34:19 -0700 (MST)

Hi Yan,

Idt uses another tool called "ictrans" to do some of its displays. If
ictrans isn't working, then you get a "translator aborted" error
message from idt.

Seeing that "tgks0a" gave you an error about not finding
libgfortran.so.1, I'm guessing that ictrans will have the same
problem, and hence idt won't run either. (You can this this
by trying to run an ictrans command, like "ictrans -V".)

You may have a version of gfortran that is newer than what we built
NCL under. What does "gfortran --version" report on your machine, and
which NCL binary did you download?

--Mary