Re: ploting a cross section from WRF output

From: Don Morton <donaldjmorton_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:00:36 +0000

Hi, I had to deal with this last autumn, and a bunch of NCL list folks
helped me out,
and I even found a problem in the documentation.

I'm uploading my script, test netCDF file, and graphics right now to

http://weather.arsc.edu/Miscellaneous/NCL-TransectExample/

Unfortunately, there is an issue with the web server filesystem right now,
so it may be an hour or so before folks get that resolved. In the meantime,
I'll try to attach the script and graphics to this message, but I'm not sure if
that always comes through on a listserver....

I don't vouch for the script, and some of the comments may actually apply
to other scripts, but I did just run it and verify that it works. It
first produces
a vertical cross section of temperature, then it produces a terrain
height graphic
with the transect location marked on it.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Dorita Rostkier-Edelstein
<drostkier_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Is there any ready script to plot a vertical cross section from WRF output?
> Thanks,
> Dorita
>

> =====================================
> Dr. Dorita Rostkier-Edelstein, Ph.D.
> Dept. of Applied Math., Env. Sci. Division
> IIBR, Israel
>
> Israel Meteorological Society Council Member
>
> doritar_at_iibr.gov.il
> drostkier_at_yahoo.com

University of Montana
http://www.cs.umt.edu/~morton/