assigning coordinate values

From: Gina Henderson <ginah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:45:30 -0400

Hi there,

I have a simple problem, at least I think this should be simple to do but I
am going about it in the wrong way in ncl. I am trying to read some clm
variables from a clm history tape that are on the column level. It is a 1-D
var with no lat and lon attributes attached to it but these are found in two
other variables. I want to graph these up but am having trouble making them
all one 3-D variable as I get errors saying the coordinate fields are empty.
I'm sure the problem is in my file handling but I have not found any example
scripts that deal with data of this nature.

SNOWDP = a->SNOWDP(:) ;4897 columns
lat = a->cols1d_lat(:) ;4897 columns with lats
lon = a->cols1d_lon(:) ;4897 columns with lons
.
.
.
NEWSNOW = (/SNOWDP,lat,lon/)