Re: problem in lambert conformal projection

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 08:21:14 -0600

Merhaba Ufuk

offline from ncl-talk

I do not see anything wrong. Surprisingly, it says the
error is in line 49. The script does not have 49 lines.

The error
"fatal:Assignment type mismatch, right hand side can't be coerced to
type of left hand side"
is somthing that occurs as follows

       i = 5
later
       i = 3.14159

Initially, "i" was of type integer, later a float value [3.14159]
is assigned to "i". NCL's strong typing will not allow this
so NCL issues a fatal error. As noted in class, if the order
had been reversed
       i = 3.14159
later
       i = 5

NCL would allow this because no information is lost. After the
last statement "i" would be of type float with the value 5.0

====
Could you pls ftp the files to
ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
email
cd incoming
put kis20c_01.nc
put kisa2_01.nc
quit

Then let me know when you hve done this.
=====================================

re: a possible visit to NCAR

I have not seen Cecelia DeLuca since I have returned.

Could you please provide me with a brief summary of your interests?
If applicable, a WWW link.
What dates would be best for you?
Just to clarify funding ... Nuzhet said that Turkish funding would support
your visist. I assume that is correct. The reason I ask is that NCAR has
had a budget cut [politics] and does not have any funding.

Best Regards
Dennis