Write_matrix question

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:16:35 -0600

In write_matrix, I would like to suppress the decimal point on some
of the numbers printed. Is there a trick with the Fortran-style
format string that would do this?

I am trying to simulate a mix of integers and reals to display a
mask array like this:

    fmtf = "f6.1, 2x, 12f2"
    write_matrix (index_plus_mask, fmtf, option)

  12.0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
  11.5 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
  11.0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
  10.5 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
  10.0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0
   9.5 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0
   9.0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0

But this is what I actually get, because the format "f2" or "f2.0"
always inserts a decimal point:

  12.0 1.1.1.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.
  11.5 0.1.1.1.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0.

"i2" format does not work; it is illegal use with my floating point
numeric array.

I can get the display I want with a more complicated string
algorithm. I am just wondering whether there is a simple formatting
trick for this in write_matrix. Thanks for any insights.

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/