Manually adding points/values in NCL script

From: <valkhorn_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:42:11 -0400

I posted this a few days ago but still haven't gotten a response. I have a very large SQL database of weather data and I was hoping to produce contoured weather maps with this data.

Of course NCL doesn't interface with SQL, so what I wanted to do is write a script that automatically generates the NCL script into a file that I can run later but which adds all of the points I need and generates the image.

In general, this is what I hope to do just to clarify what I'm asking:

ncl script generation script:
-----------------------------
Write the script to a .ncl which does the following {
??? Initialize graph
??? Pull all data from SQL tables and add each point manually in a loop
??? Plot points
??? Save graph
}

Then batch run the script generator for the days I need.

In pseudocode, what I'm looking for is something like

AddPoint(latitude, longitude, value);
AddPoint(latitude, longitude, value);

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

-William