Re: Combining data from the same file

From: Saji N. Hameed <saji_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:03:41 +0900

Hi Roberta,

You need to put out some more details before any one can help. Can
you attach the output of 'ncdump -h' for a sample file. I assume
that the day and night variables are contained in a single file. If
not attach the 'ncdump -h' output for the day and night files. It will
be useful to know how time is written for the day and night
variables.

saji

* Roberta Perkins <RB728455_at_DAL.CA> [2008-04-11 11:33:53 -0300]:

> Hello,
>
> I have an issue where I need to somehow combine data which is given as two
> different variables and make them as one, and both variables are in the same
> file.
>
> The files are daily CO data retrievals in HDF format. I want to use 2D
> CO_Total_Column_day and 2D CO_Total_Column_Night and combine or average them to
> give for just that day. I then need to combine several days together and out
> them into a 3D array and interpolate.
>
> I already know how to combine different days together to make a 3D array with
> the third dimension being time but I am unsure how to average data to make just
> one 2D array for the CO_Total_column with data from both the day and night.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Roberta Perkins

Saji N. Hameed
APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji_at_apcc21.net
KOREA