Re: Segmentation fault

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 14:18:38 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Lin,

That would be great you could personally email me your script and
data.

By the way, and this is for everybody to know about: if you have a
complicated NCL script that does a lot of file input and processing,
sets a bunch of plot resources (maybe dependent on the input data),
and then calls some gsn_csm_xxxx script at the end, then for debugging
purposes, you can set the following resource:

    res_at_gsnDebugWriteFileName = "some_name"

before you call the gsn_csm_xxxx plotting function.

This will cause only the data that is being plotted to be written to a
NetCDF file called "some_name.nc", and an NCL script called
"some_name.ncl" will be generated that reads this data file, and uses
the same resources that were used in the plotting script.

This comes in handy if you just need to get the barebones script that
reads the data, sets the resources, and generates a plot.

--Mary