Re: why isn't this colormap accepted?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 11:24:35 -0600 (MDT)

All,

This is a heads up that the problem was that the environment variable
NCARG_COLORMAPS was being set to "". This enviroment variable allows
you specify a path for your own personal colormaps.

FYI: if you want to set this variable to your own path of colortables,
yet still keep the NCL color tables available, then do this:

   setenv NCARG_COLORMAPS $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps:/your_own_path_here

You can then type:

    ncargpath colormaps

to make sure all of the paths you indicated are correct.

--Mary