Re: U.S. Counties

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:14:09 -0600

Hi Richard,

I am somewhat dismayed to realize that apparently there is no easy
way to modify the color of county boundary lines.
This is definitely and oversight and we need to correct this problem.
I did manage to implement a clumsy workaround that does the job:

1) in your .hluresfile set the class resource LineColor to the color
you want to use for county lines, e.g.

*LineColor : red (this could also be a color index if you
are sticking to a single color table)

2) Now you need to set explicitly the colors of any other lines that
appear in your plot. In my test script this amounted to:

   res_at_mpUSStateLineColor = 1
   res_at_mpGeophysicalLineColor = 1
   res_at_tmXBMajorLineColor = 1
   res_at_tmXBMinorLineColor = 1