Re: interpolation to fill in missing data

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 07:45:55 -0600

You could use "linmsg" as Debasish has indicated.
However, for this type problem, I would recommend:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/poisson_grid_fill.shtml

EG: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/~shea/poisson_grid_fill.png

Of course, what is "sensible" over mid-Siberia for SST is anybody's
guess :-)
Please note that if the input grid has values for smaller bodies
od water [eg, Great Lakes, Caspian Sea, etc) they will influence
the interpolation.

Good luck