memory contraint: wrf_user_getvar

From: James Correia <jimmyc42_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 12:48:22 -0700

All-
My problem is that memory, while my ncl script is running, increases into
the 3 GB range.

The issue stems from this loop
do it=0,97
uv = wrf_user_getvar(f,"uvmet",it)
temu(it) = uv(0,0,ij,ija) ; 1 grid point for u
temv(it) = uv(1,0,ij,ija) ; 1 grid point for v
delete(uv)
end do
I do this for 2 files with 3 more arrays.

The memory keeps increasing even with the deletes. is there anyway to see
what variables are being kept in the call to wrf_user_getvar so I may delete
them, so the memory doesnt keep increasing. The loop is necessary since
uvmet doesnt return time and my goal is plot a time series.

--
James Correia Jr.
Post Doc