Order of legends

From: Saji N. Hameed <saji_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:07:57 +0900

Dear All,

It seems to me that the order of legend labels are managed internally
by NCL. This is giving me some trouble with a script we are developing.
In the script we have a certain ordering of data, for instance

 data(0,:)=u1
 data(1,:)=v1
 data(2,:)=u2
 data(3,:)=v2

When plotted, I expect the legends to be ordered (u1,v1,u2,v2).
However they come out in the reverse order (v2,u2,v1,u1). This behaviour
can also be seen in the following examples posted in the NCL website.

http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/leg_5_lg.png
http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/leg_8_lg.png
(the order of legends are reversed in both plots compared to
the ordering of the data).

Also compare http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/leg_4_lg.png with
http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/leg_5_lg.png

Is there a way to control the ordering of legends?

thanks,
saji