Ruby + NCL

From: Saji N. Hameed <saji_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 18:25:19 +0900

Dear NCL Developers and all,

We are developing a Ruby Rails + NCL based web application to
serve our climate forecast products. So far so good... we
use the "system" and similar functions in ruby to run NCL as a child
process.

Having heard about PyNCL I was wondering if a similar interface
to NCAR graphics could be made using Ruby. As a first step,
we have succeeded in using NArray and friends in ruby to
facilitate I/O and basic array operations.

We are aware that SWIG (http://www.swig.org/) can be used to
connect C programs with higher-level languages including
Ruby and Python. Could somebody provide advice and if possible
some help to develop a ruby binding for NCAR graphics?

cheers,
saji

--
Saji N. Hameed
APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470