Re: RANGS HighRes database and NCL v5.0.0

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:08:12 -0600

Hi Slava,

This is rather puzzling. I can run your sample script here and it
appears to plot correctly.
using NCL 5.0.1.
There was a problem that sounds related to yours involving maps of
small regions that
was fixed in NCL 4.3.1. But your problem seems to have been
introduced, not fixed, at that point.
You could try upgrading to NCL 5.0.1. Maybe there something strange
about your version of
NCL 5.0.0.

It doesn't seem likely but maybe there is a machine dependency. Have
you reproduced the
problem on more than one type of machine? Can you tell us what system
you are running on?
  -dave