Time coordinate

From: Sijikumar S <sijikumar_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:59:05 +0530

Hi NCLs

The following error occurred when I try to use time coordinate
subscripting ,

fatal:NclOneDValGetRangeIndex: Non-monotonic coordinate value being used,
can't complete coordinate subscript
fatal:Could not obtain coordinate indexes, unable to perform subscript
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 20

 The 4D variable with following details is used

ncl 23> printVarSummary(olr)

Variable: olr
Type: float
Total Size: 25375072 bytes
            6343768 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [time | 11992] x [lat | 23] x [lon | 23]
Coordinates:
            time: [19740601..20070331]
            lat: [-10..45]
            lon: [65..120]
Number Of Attributes: 12
  long_name : Daily OLR
  valid_range : ( 0, 500 )
  actual_range : ( 95.5, 324.7 )
  units : W/m^2
  var_desc : Outgoing Longwave Radiation
  precision : 2
  dataset : NOAA Interpolated OLR
  level_desc : Other
  statistic : Mean
  parent_stat : Individual Obs
  _FillValue : 32766
  missing_value : 32766

When I try to extract a part using time coordinate subscripting the
following error occurs.

ncl 20> ol=olr({19810101:19821231},:,:)
fatal:NclOneDValGetRangeIndex: Non-monotonic coordinate value being used,
can't complete coordinate subscript
fatal:Could not obtain coordinate indexes, unable to perform subscript
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 20

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Siji

P.S NCL 5.0 is my NCL version.