Re: identifying coordinates on lambert conformal data

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:03:12 -0600

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/LambertConformalConicProjection.html
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/usgspubs/pp/pp1395

Be careful about your data units. Lat and Lon are in radians. X
and Y are relative to the radius of the sphere, e.g. the earth's
radius. If you are trying to match an existing data set, you will
need the radius that was assumed to create that set.

If you are matching hi-rez satellite data, then I recommend double
precision math.

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/