Re: plot orientation on panel

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:15:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, wilfried pokam wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to make panel with two plots, one in 'portrait' and one in 'landscape' ; when I do it all the panel is in landscape.
> How can I solve it?
> Wilfried

Hi Wilfried,

I'm afraid you can't do something like this. I believe the
landscape/portrait orientation is a PostScript/PDF concept that is
applied to everything on a page, and not to individual plots. If you
tried to change the orientation after drawing one or more plots, then
it would affect the plots you had already drawn.

Unfortunately, NCL doesn't have the concept of being able to
arbitrarily rotate individual plots on the page. I admit this would
be a nice feature.