netCDF descriptor file in GrADS

From: Hongliang Fang <Hongliang.Fang.1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:30:57 -0400

Hi,

I have converted GRIB files to NetCDF with ncl_convert2nc. I'm trying to
view the output NetCDF file with the "sdfopen" tool in GrADS. However, I
failed to show some of the layer information. I have to manually create a
descriptor file for the NetCDF file and open it with the "open" command in
GrADS.

I just wonder if there is an automatic tool to create the netCDF descriptor
file for GrADS since I'm converting tons of files.

Thanks for any idea.

Henry