running ncl inside of the JAVA

From: Ufuk Utku Turunçoğlu <turuncu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:45:05 +0300

Hi,

I try to run NCL inside of the JAVA code. In my case i get such error
messages. I found that these are related with wrong or non-defined
NCARG_ROOT directory as a environment variable in Linux.

In fact that, JAVA runs inside JRE environment and when i run the
"env" command inside from JAVA, it does not give my actual linux
environment as i expected. So, I just wonder that is there anybody run
NCL inside JAVA such as using simple "Runtime.getruntime().exec"?

Of course it could be created an shell command which contains
definition of NCARG_ROOT environment and ncl run command but i think
it could be simple way to do it.

Best regards,

--ufuk