Re: data set extracted using NCL and read_wrf_nc slightly varies

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:57:47 -0600 (MDT)

I am not familiar with read_wrf_nc, so hopefully the wrfhelp folks
can help there.

However, can you explain what you mean about the data being slightly
different? Do you mean the values themselves are different?

Perhaps you are not extracting the same subregion? When you use
this syntax:

  u = a->U(12,0:31,49,49)
  v = a->V((12,0:31,49,49)
  w=a->W(12,0:31,49,49)

these are index values. NCL is 0-based indexing, so "U(12,...)" is
actually the 13th value of the rightmost dimension.