Re: ut_inv_calendar

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:48:46 -0600

Mateus,

I think it is usually better to keep unencoded date information as
integers rather than floats. You can do this in one line when
calling ut_calendar:

   ymd_hms = floattoint (ut_calendar (time, 0))

Then you do not have to do the multiple reverse conversions for
ut_inv_calendar. HTH.

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/