Re: V.5.0 of NCL

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 20:28:37 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Ed,

It looks like you are trying to access the high-resolution map
database, which is not installed automatically as part of NCL.

This database is a series of files that you have to download
separately and are usually installed in a directory called "rangs"
under $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/database.

If you still have V4.3 of NCL installed somewhere, then look in your
old $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/database directory to see if the rangs
directory is there. If it is, then you can move or copy it to your new
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/database location.

If you don't have the rangs directory, then you can download the
files yourself. The instructions are at:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/rangs.shtml

--Mary