NCL and standard in

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:58:20 -0600

Hi. I would like to call an NCL script in batch mode within a loop
in a shell script. The shell script is trying to read input from
standard in (Unix). However, the first time NCL is called, it seems
to grab all of the remaining input from standard in.

Is there a reasonable way to get NCL to not grab standard in?

NCL version 5.0.1 pre-release on Mac OS 10.5 PPC. I think I have
seen this before on earlier versions. My invocation of NCL is
fairly normal:

   ncl script.ncl infile=\"filespec\"

Thank you for any advice.

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/