Re: Expected Release Date for NCL 5.0.0

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:24:32 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Bart,

I know some conversation was taken offline on this, but I wanted to
make sure some information made it back to ncl-talk.

If you are getting vastly different results, it helps us if you can
quantify what you mean by this. I.e. have you double-checked the
values that you are plotting to make sure the values going into the
plotting routines are okay, or do you think the plotting routines
themselves are the problem?

Is it possible that something is wrong with the axis (coordinate)
values, or else there's a wrap-around point being added or not added?

Have you done a dump (basically a "print") of all the values using the
two different versions to see if they are different in some locations?

You could print the values from the two versions to two separate ASCII
files (using asciiwrite or write_matrix), and then read them back in
with one NCL program (using asciread) and diff them to see if the
values are off. The same should be done for the coordinate arrays, or
2D lat/lon values, if any.

I'm just trying to narrow down whether this is a plotting problem or a
data reading problem, since you indicated the script was too
complicated to send to us.

--Mary