why are the contour and map out of phase?

From: Xuguang Sun <sunxg007_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:30:59 +0800 (CST)

Hi, everyone,

I have a binary data file, and open and read it by
fbindirread() function correctly. Then, I open wks by
gsn_open_wks() and try to draw it by
gsn_csm_contour_map(). To illustrate my question
clearly, suppose the variable is "ps", and the snippet
code like the following,

ps_rec = 0
ps_dims= (/nlato, nlono/)
ps = fbindirread(psfile, ps_rec, ps_dims, "float")

res =True
res_at_mpCenterLonF = 180.
wks =gsn_open_wks("X11","xx")
plot =gsn_csm_contour_map(wks, ps, res)

the plotted figure shows that ps contour is out of
phase with the map, if I use False instead of res in
function gsn_csm_contour_map, the same error occurs
except that both contour and map shift at 180 degree.

So how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

SUN Xuguang
Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University
22 Hankou Road,Nanjing,P.R.China (210093)
Tel: +86-025-83597203 (O)
Email: sunxg007_at_yahoo.com.cn