Rotating a lat/lon grib (with u/v wind)

From: Nilsson Bengt <bengt.nilsson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 01:16:30 +0200

Hi,

I'm completely new to the NCL package and kind of desperate.

My problem is that I want to 'unrotate' a rotated lat/lon grib to an unrotated lat/lon (with interpolation). The output should be a netcdf file (or even better - a new grib file), with all parameters from the original file.
I've found a lot of tools that does the job for ordinary parameters but not for vector based parameters.

In a nutshell:

I would like to specify the extent and spacing of the new, unrotated, grib.
Interpolate the original, rotated, grib to the new, unrotated. Including the wind parameters (# 33 & 34).

Is this possible with help of NCL? If so, could you pls give me a hint, example, snippet etc. of how to do it. It's the u/v component that's my problem but it would be nice if the program did the whole job.

Best regards

/Bengt