About area average for WRF variables with 2D lat/lon

From: Yongxin Zhang <yongxin.fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:21:02 -0700

I've been trying to compute the area averages of WRF simulated temperatures
but haven't been successful. I attached my NCL script to this email. The
error message I got says that "lond01 of variable (vard01) does not have an
associated coordinate" around line 102 when NCL tries to do wgt_areaave. I
think that the problems are related with the 2D lat/lon in WRF simulations
but I am not sure how to solve the problems. Your suggestions are greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Yongxin