Re: how to make the character of centidegree be displayed in NCL?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:05:12 -0600 (MDT)

Ack! Andy Mai was kind enough to point out that we do have a degree
symbol in one of our font tables. Please see his message below and
attached PNG. Thanks Andy!

--Mary

Mary Haley wrote:

> Would a little circle treated as a subscript work for you? If so, see
> example 7 at:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/text.shtml

There is also the actual degree symbol which is an F34 on zero:

    20~F34~0~F~ C

produces the characters in the attached plot (assuming your function code is
set to "~").

Andy

--
                        Andrew W. Mai
      ---  __o          National Center for Atmospheric Research