Re: how to get user input

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 17:33:37 -0600

At this time, I don't think this is possible.

Usually, command line arguments [CLAs] are used:
===
ncl 'season="JJA"' foo.ncl

The ' are needed to escape the unix shell.

===
Another examples:

ncl nyrStrt=1900 nyrLast=1968 modelRun.ncl

The following contains more info amd more complicated examples:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclCLO.shtml