RotatedMercator map projection

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:17:26 -0600

Does anyone have any examples of how to plot data that's in a rotated Mercator (aka rotated pole or rotated lat-lon) coordinate system?

I've been making plots using the following map projection resources:

      res_at_mpProjection = "RotatedMercator"
      res_at_mpCenterLonF = 83
      res_at_mpCenterLatF = 42.5

and as far as I can tell, it doesn't look any different than leaving the projection unspecified. (The data has lat2d and lon2d arrays. Using the same attributes with the corresponding values for data in a polar stereographic or transverse mercator projection results in the native grid being plotted square on the page.) Maybe I have the wrong values there, but I tried it with mpCenterLatF = 0, 45, and 90, and it made no difference to the resulting plot. Should I be specifying the projection parameters in a different way?

The only examples I can find of the RotatedMercator projection on the NCL website are in the "Map Only" application examples 12 & 13, and it looks to me like the RotatedMercator example is identical to the Mercator example.

Thanks,

--Seth

----
Seth McGinnis