Re: Is there the number limit of valid grids for wgt_areasum2 function

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:38:07 -0600

Hi Jun,

There is no minimum limit.

Could you make a simple NCL script with data so we can look?

THX
jun wrote:
> Dear all
>
> When I using "wgt_areasum2" function to calculate the area sum of
> different oceans, it work well for Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean, but
> for Atlantic Ocean (80W-20E, 0-90N and 70W-20E, 50S-0, it's so many
> points with missing value), it just output "nan", I just guess the
> possible reason is that the valid grid number ratio of Atlantic Ocean
> is smaller than some limit, so, output is "nan", right? If yes, could
> you guys give me some useful suggestions?
>
> Best
>
> Jun Cheng

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |