Transects bottom resolution

From: Marco Pastore <marco.pastore_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:00:46 +0200
Hi all.

I need to produce some oceanographic transects, but the bottom profile is very sharp, because of a necessary high resolution in y-axis. I attach a plot that explains the problem.

You have suggestions to improve the botton profile, i.e. overlapping a mask that smooths the sharpness of the profile ?

Original plot:

That is what i need:

Thanks !

Marco
--

MARCO PASTORE

Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Gruppo Nazionale di Oceanografia Operativa
Viale Aldo Moro 44
40128, Bologna

Tel:(+39)051-3782649
Cel:(+39)339 8273965