Contouring data on a general quadrilateral mesh

From: Matthew Norman <matthew.ross.norman_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:10:23 -0600

Hi,

I have been looking at this off and on as of late. Does anyone know if NCL
is capable of contouring cell averages defined on a general quadrilateral
mesh (i.e. not rectangular)? This is not a mapped grid (like cubed-sphere
for example). It's just a general quadrilateral mesh in Cartesian space. If
so, can you route me to relevant documentation? Or, hey, if anyone has an
example script they've used, I'd love that too. I've seen that NCL is
essentially capable of contouring general triangular meshes, but the
documentation on the NCL web page seemed lacking in details. I appreciate
it!

-Matt

--
Matthew R. Norman