Re: problem using ut_calendar

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:21:23 -0600 (MDT)

An update on the solution to this problem:

There were two things: first was that the environment variable
UDUNITS_PATH was being set, and it was pointing to an invalid
directory. The "ut_calendar" function depends on a file in order to
work correctly, and by default, it looks for this file in
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/udunits, unless UDUNITS_PATH is set.

Unsetting this caused the script to run without errors.

Second, the units were being set to "DAYS since 1992-10-14". Udunits
apparently doesn't like the uppercase "DAYS".

It seems to work if you change the units to "days since 1992-10-14".

I don't think case should matter here, though, so I'm going to look
into this. The surprising thing is that no warning or error
was issued out of "ut_calendar", and instead, a bunch of missing
values were returned.

--Mary