Re: integrated vertical cloumn plots for 3-D array

From: Travis O'Brien <tobrien_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:43:31 -0800

Hi Prabhakar,

I typically use 'dim_sum_Wrap()' to sum variables in this manner:

For example, if your variable is named 'MyVar3D' and it has dimensions
'lat', 'lon', and 'level', then the following code would sum in the
vertical to make the new variable 'MyVar2D':

    MyVar2D = dim_sum_Wrap( MyVar3D(lat|:, lon|:, level|:) )

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Travis O'Brien

prabhakar shrestha wrote:
> Hi
> Could anyone suggest me how I could efficiently sum vertical columns
> of two or more 3-D arrays to make two dimensional plots in NCL
> prabhakar

Travis A. O'Brien
Graduate Student Researcher
Earth and Planetary Science Dept.