Large file writing error

From: Sang-Ki Kim <ksk14307_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:18:02 +0900

Dear NCL users,

When I write netCDF file using the NCL, following error messages occurred.

ncendef: ncid 8: One or more variable sizes violate format constraints

ncvarput: ncid 8: Operation not allowed in define mode

fatal:NetCdf: An error occurred while attempting to write variable (mdt) to
file (SEP1.721x1440L26.staggered.template.nc)

fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 224 in file template.ncl

fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 202 in file
create_template.ncl

ncclose: ncid 8: One or more variable sizes violate format constraints

When the size of the file to write is small (< 2GB), netCDF file is written
successfully.

However, when the size become more than 2 GB, above error messages are
occurred.

I don't think that large(>2GB) file cannot be written in my system because
of my model output(netCDF format) is about 10GB.

What can I do to write large netCDF file using the NCL?

Thanks,

Sank-Ki Kim

Sang-Ki Kim
Convection and Urban Meteorology Group
Program in Atmospheric Sciences
Seoul National University, Seoul 151-742, KOREA
Phone) + 82 (2) 880-1474
Email) <mailto:jyhan_at_cum.snu.ac.kr> ksk14307_at_snu.ac.kr