Re: USGS map projections

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 13:28:06 -0700

FYI: NCL version 5.0.1 [target release: late Dec 2008 or Jan 2009] has
several new projections: Hammer, Winkel Tripel, and Aitoff plus a new
Mollweide

Also, States of Brazil and India , Provinces of China and Antarctic Ice
shelves..

See: Exmples 16-19 at
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/maponly.shtml

Dave Allured wrote:
> Thank you Dave B. Albers Equal-Area Conic would be of future interest
> to me. No hurry on my account.
>
> --Dave
>
> David Brown wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Unfortunately the answer is no right now. I think this is the first
>> time anyone has requested any of these projections for NCL. We will
>> put it on the to-do list though.
>> -dave
>>
>> On Nov 28, 2008, at 9:28 PM, Dave Allured wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to use some of the unique USGS map projections in
>>> EZMAP from within NCL? In particular, some of the simple ones, like
>>> Albers Equal-Area Conic?
>>>
>>> http://www.ncarg.ucar.edu/supplements/ezmap/#USGSProjections
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Dave Allured
>>> CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
>>> http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
>>> NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
>>> http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |