(no subject)

From: Gang Liu <gangliu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:06:10 +0800

Hi Dave and David,

Thanks for your advice.

I have just tried the option ¡°setfileoption("nc","SuppressClose",False)¡± David instructed me. However this still does not work. The execution of the NCL script just collapsed without any error information displaying. I doubt it is still related to memory issue, i.e., the NCL script is not able to read variables out of the WRF output data file.

The types and dimensions of the data variables such as U, V, W, T, TKE, etc. are float and (1800, 201, 201, 201), which are (nt, nz, ny, nx) respectively.

It now looks like that there is only one way remaining to me, which is to break the mega data file up by variable rather than by time step, as suggested by you. Anyway, it has to be broken up.

Could you please instruct me how to break it up by variable? I have ever tried it by modifying the Registry.EM file in WRF to reduce the size of the output data file. But the way often easily led to errors of WRF running.

Thank you very much.

Gang

Gang Liu
Department of Atmospheric Sciences